Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha Group MTI
Customer Tasks and Requests
- When shipping products susceptible to damage from moisture and humidity in shipping containers, such as grains and electric appliances, condensation would form inside the container, causing problems.
Proposals from Sanyo
- Sanyo provided materials selection for the condensation-preventing sheet and carried out sheet prototyping.
- Sanyo carried out practical shipping tests in cooperation with MTI to test whether the sheets could be used in containers of any specification.
Effects / Results
- By reducing shipping losses caused by condensation, we were able to reduce total operating costs for the customer.
- This product is currently being used by global grain trading companies.